- Tiny house regulations and codes vary by city, town, or county.
- Staunton County allows tiny homes with a minimum of 200 square feet.
- Virginia Beach does not have specific ordinances for tiny houses, but will treat them like any other residential space if they meet the state building code.
Tiny houses in Virginia may be on the rise, but regulations in many of its major cities remain tight. It does seem that some of the counties in Western Virginia ( Not West Virginia )are allowing them. Be sure to check with your local municipalities before building or parking your tiny home.
Staunton and Augusta Counties Virginia are allowing Tiny Homes under certain criteria. The Link is below for more information.
- Virginia Beach Tiny Homes
- Staunton and Augusta County
- Fauquier County
- PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY
- Campbell County ( Veterans Village and Farm)
Buckingham County : Recently approved Tiny Houses on Wheels in Backyards and On Private Property in the County. Can rent or buy land to park them on. Will allow for Off Grid Toilets if you request a variance. No Inspections Required However you must connect to sewer. Wheels on Tiny Houses are not required to be removed.