Tiny House Friendly: 6⁄10
- Manufactured (mobile) homes built in accordance with the rules and regulations of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) Federal Manufactured Home Act. Such homes passing inspection are issued a HUD manufactured home label.
- Modular housing units built in accordance with applicable construction codes, i.e. the International Residential Code and the National Electrical Code adopted by Nebraska. Modular homes meeting the requirements are issued the Nebraska Modular Housing Unit label.
- Recreational vehicles, including Motorhomes, Park Model trailers, travel trailers, are built in accordance with the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Standard on Recreational Vehicles, NFPA 1192 or the Park Model Recreational Vehicle Standard.
- All three types of structures when sold and/or offered for sale in Nebraska are legally required to have affixed to them the appropriate State or Federal label attesting to compliance with the relevant building codes.
- Tiny houses, like all other houses and recreational vehicles, will be subject to the zoning requirements of local jurisdictions which vary widely by jurisdiction.
Nebraska has drafted an official document that references the different types of tiny houses and this document states that it is at the discretion of local jurisdictions to determine zoning and code requirements.