Tiny House Friendly: 4⁄10
- Tiny house regulations and codes may vary by city, town, or county.
- All cities in Louisiana are supposed to follow the 2012 International Residential Code (IRC).
- According to the 2012 IRC, one room in the tiny house must measure at least 120 square feet in size.
- Safety regulations require a loft to have a window and stairs–not a ladder.
- Stairs, hallways, and doors must be at least 3 feet wide and ceilings must be at least 7 feet tall (including loft areas).
By following the 2012 IRC, building a tiny house with all of the mentioned specifications isn’t easy. Tiny house enthusiasts are hoping Louisiana will put the previously delayed 2015 IRC into effect.