Tiny House Friendly: 6⁄10
- The state of Indiana allows counties to establish specific building codes.
- Tiny house regulations and codes may vary by city, town, or county.
- Important to note: They specifically exclude codes that apply to private homes built by the individuals and used for their own occupancy–also known as the Log Cabin Rule.
- Log Cabin Rule does not protect tiny houses on wheels.
The Log Cabin Rule appears to exist to honor the traditional housing of the State of Indiana.
- Schererville Indiana Allowing Tiny House
- Since 2015 the State considers Tiny Houses and Park Models the same as an RV. You also cannot live in them permanently.