Tiny House Friendly: 7⁄10
- Tiny house regulations and codes may vary by city, town, or county.
- Tiny houses must comply with one of the following options:
- Site built: A building constructed at the location where it is to be used. Not intended or designed to be moved.
- Modular building: Any building or building component other than a manufactured home that is of closed construction and either entirely or substantially prefabricated or assembled at a location other than the building site.
- A structure built in compliance with HUD manufactured home construction and safety standards
- Recreational Vehicle – A motor home, travel trailer, truck camper or camping trailer designed for recreational or emergency human habitation. Park trailers are recreational vehicles. Maximum width is 8½ feet.
- Minimum 150 square feet for both site built and modular buildings.
Idaho is the first state to discuss RV’s, manufactured, modular and tiny houses in the same reference document. While there are strict regulations to abide by; Idaho is certainly making decisions in favor of tiny living.
If you would like to review regulations for another state, click here